|PDF Xtra for Director||Windows||Shockwave||2.x, 3.x, 7.x|
As explained in the PDF Xtra manual, PDF Xtra in a Shockwave movie can be automatically downloaded on an end-user's machine who may not have the Xtra installed (refer to the manual).
If you are having problems because the option "download if needed" is disabled and cannot be selected, try one of the solutions below.
1. PDF Xtra only supports Shockwave distribution on Windows. If you are authoring your project on Mac, you will not be able to create a Shockwave movie.
2. In Director, click Modify > Movie > Xtras and remove PDF Asset.x32 from the list of Xtras. Then click Add... and add it to the list again. Now select it in the list and see if you can check the "Download if needed" box.
3. Make sure you have copied the auto-download text from the Release-History page, and pasted it into the "THIRD PARTY" section of the "xtrainfo.txt" file. This file is located in the Configuration folder of Director MX 2004, or right next to Director for previous versions.
4. If you have more than one version of Macromedia Director installed, make sure you have copied those lines of text into the "Third Party" section of the correct "xtrainfo.txt".
5. Make sure the line between the brackets "" is not truncated by a carriage return. Everything between the brackets should be on the same line, with no carriage return or wrapped text. (In the manual, this line is wrapped on 3 lines because it does not fit in the page width. Make sure you have not done the same in your "xtrainfo.txt")
6. Check that the name of the PDF Xtra file is "pdf asset.x32" on the Windows platform, or "pdf asset ppc" on the Mac platform. If the file is renamed, the XtraInfo.txt file will not have the correct information.