|Impressario for Director||All||Links||All|
Impressario supports hyperlinking as follows:
· Links within the same PDF document - display the destination within the Impressario sprite.
· Links to other PDF documents - display the destination document within the Impressario sprite.
· HTTP links - the destination opens in the default web browser.
· Links to "open a file" - the application that is associated to the requested file is launched.
There are at least two different ways to create the hyperlinks between PDF documents in Acrobat. Depending on which method you use, you will get different results.
These are the two different ways to define links within a PDF file in Acrobat:
- Set the action to: "Open a File".
- Set the action to: "Go to View" (Acrobat 5) or
"Go to a page in another document" (Acrobat6).
In order for your link to open another PDF document within the Impressario sprite, you need to define the link using the action "Go to a page in another document" or "Go to view".
If you use "Open a File", Impressario will launch the application associated with PDF documents on the user's system (in an external window).
When your PDFs have hyperlinks that open within the Impressario sprite, you can use the GoPreviousView() and GoNextView() methods or their equivalent Behaviors or Toolbar buttons, to browse forward and back between links.