- In previous versions hyperlinks to named destinations were not working correctly for some PDFs, they are now working for all named destinations
- InsertPage and Merge methods were missing in version 2.0.2. They are now included
- In the Save behavior the new PDF would be saved with the extension .TXT if no extension was specified. Now the default extension is .PDF unless specified otherwise
- In the Open behavior, clicking Cancel on the file open dialog would clear the Impressario filename property. It now cancels the Open operation without clearing the filename
- On Mac, the Find dialog box now behaves properly on Mac OS 10.2 - 10.4
- On Mac, calling Print with #ShowPrintOption = FALSE would return a warning 71 for no reason [fixed]
- When using InsertPages() or Merge(), there is a limit to the number of times these operations can be done in succession. The number of consecutive merge/insert operations depends on the size of the pages being inserted and the amount of RAM available. Impressario will crash if you attempt to exceed the available memory.
If your application requires successive merges of PDF pages, you may need to implement a way for the user to save the changes, close the application and restart a new session in order to accommodate the functionality you want.
- Some Print options (Draft, Black and White, multiple pages per sheet) are not supported by the Adobe PDF Library
- On Mac OS 9, Director's memory partition and the memory allocated to the projector may need to be increased; the exact memory required depends on the size and resolution of the largest page of your PDF document. The minimum suggested memory for projectors is at least 80MB, for printing high-quality
- DeletePages is not supported on Mac OS 9
- Plug-ins, such as QuickTime™ and Flash™, are not supported
- Comments and notes in PDF documents are not supported
- Impressario displays images on screen in RGB color. PDF documents created for print, using CMYK color may appear differently in Impressario. (Please see the PDF Enhancerfor a tool that converts PDFs to RGB colorspace.)
- Alpha channel in PDF documents is not supported
- PDFs that are encrypted are not fully supported (hyperlinks do not work)
- PDF document pages that contain large, high-resolution images (1MB) may be slow to display and interact with
- Most high - ASCII characters are supported for text fields. However, there are a few rare exceptions. Please see the list of unsupported characters for more precision
- Double-byte characters are not supported for form fields
- The character limit for single-line text fields is 253; for multi-line fields it is 1024.
- The ReplaceImage() method, used to customize bitmaps within your PDF documents, requires the definition of "containers", which are only supported with Acrobat 6 and higher. The image to be replaced must be a raster (bitmap) image; vector images are not supported
- For Shockwave deployment, we recommend high-speed Internet access. The Impressario Xtra Verisign package is between 4MB and 5MB and, in addition to that one-time download, you need to take into account the download time for each PDF document displayed
- In Shockwave on Mac the Find dialog box is not supported - it does not appear
To ensure that your Shockwave movies auto-install the right version of this Xtra, copy the text below and paste it into your "Xtrainfo.txt" file ( This file is located in the Configuration subfolder for Director MX 2004; for older versions of Director, this file is located in the same folder as the Director application).
NOTE: Everything in square brackets must be on a single line without line breaks.
; INM Impressario Xtra for Director by Integration New Media, Inc.
[#namePPC:"Impressario", #nameW32:"Impressario.x32", #package: "http://signed.inm.com/verisign/impressario/2.0.3/impressario",