- The Insert and Merge operations can now be used with PDFs containing form fields and the fields can be accessed in the modified PDF without crashing
- The Find method has been reworked so that words containing hyphens, numbers and other non-alphabetic characters can now be highlighted throughout the PDF
- A new option Match Exact Phrase has been added to the Find dialog to locate and highlight the exact sequence of characters entered by the user; the equivalent optional property in the Find() method API is called #exactPhrase
- When searching for dates across a library of PDF documents the format of the date field was not specified correctly [fixed]
- The Search Panel was not properly executing proximity searches [fixed]
- When creating PDFs based on templates created in landscape mode from PowerPoint, the text inserted was rotated 90 degrees [fixed]
- The InsertText() method now takes the text color and alignment specified in the template field if plain text is inserted or if those attributes are not specified in the HTML
- Inserting an empty string ("") with InsertText() caused a crash [fixed]
- When printing certain PDFs the first page was not printed [fixed]
- INM Impressario 3 no longer supports Mac OS 9. If your project needs support for Mac OS 9 please contact us
- When using InsertPages() or Merge(), there is a limit to the number of times these operations can be done in succession. The number of consecutive merge/insert operations depends on the size of the pages being inserted and the amount of RAM available. Impressario will crash if you attempt to exceed the available memory.
If your application requires successive merges of PDF pages, you may need to implement a way for the user to save the changes, close the application and restart a new session in order to accommodate the functionality you want
- Some Print options (Draft, Black and White, multiple pages per sheet) are not supported by the Adobe PDF Library
- PDF forms created using Adobe Livecycle Designer are not supported for form operations. However, Adobe Livecycle Designer can be used to create templates for the creation of PDFs
While INM Impressario uses the Adobe PDF Library, it does not behave identically to Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. In some cases INM Impressario offers enhanced functionality, in other cases the functionality can be achieved via workarounds involving Director. Review the list of Special Considerations.
To ensure that your Shockwave movies auto-install the right version of this Xtra, copy the text below and paste it into your " Xtrainfo.txt " file ( This file is located in the Configuration subfolder for Director MX 2004; for older versions of Director, this file is located in the same folder as the Director application).
NOTE: Everything in square brackets must be on a single line without line breaks.
; INM Impressario Xtra for Director by Integration New Media, Inc.
[#namePPC:"Impressario", #nameW32:"Impressario.x32", #package: "http://signed.inm.com/verisign/impressario/3.0.1/impressario",