- Compatibility with Director 11 and 11.5
- New Adobe PDF libraries version 9
- Compatibility with Vista, Windows 7 and Snow Leopard
- Printing on Vista
- Printing after InsertText
- PDF form errors
- Internal link errors
- Square characters in Adobe Reader 8 and 9 after return
- Zoomed destination
- Find function in projector mode
- Shockwave on Mac issues.
- INM Impressario 4 is compatible with the latest version of Director; version 11 and 11.5 ONLY, but is not backwards compatibible with previous versions of Director. If you need to use INM Impressario for different versions of Director (8.5-MX2004 and 11), you will need both INM Impressario version 3 and 4. For a special combo price, please contact us.
- Behaviors such as toolbar and bookmarks don't appear in Shockwave: please ensure that the user waits until the PDF is fully loaded before activating the behavior.
- When using InsertPages() or Merge(), there is a limit to the number of times these operations can be done in succession. The number of consecutive merge/insert operations depends on the size of the pages being inserted and the amount of RAM available. Impressario will crash if you attempt to exceed the available memory.
If your application requires successive merges of PDF pages, you may need to implement a way for the user to save the changes, close the application and restart a new session in order to accommodate the functionality you want
- Some Print options (Draft, Black and White, multiple pages per sheet) are not supported by the Adobe PDF Library
- Certain printers cannot print with this version of the Adobe PDF Library. Please try updating printer drivers to fix the problem.
- PDF forms created using Adobe Livecycle Designer are not supported for form operations. However, Adobe Livecycle Designer can be used to create templates for the creation of PDFs
While INM Impressario uses the Adobe PDF Library, it does not behave identically to Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. In some cases INM Impressario offers enhanced functionality, in other cases the functionality can be achieved via workarounds involving Director. Review the list of Special Considerations.
To ensure that your Shockwave movies auto-install the right version of this Xtra, copy the text below and paste it into your " Xtrainfo.txt " file ( This file is located in the Configuration subfolder for Director 11; for some older versions of Director, this file is located in the same folder as the Director application).
NOTE: Everything in square brackets must be on a single line without line breaks.
; INM Impressario Xtra for Director by Integration New Media, Inc.
[#namePPC:"Impressario", #nameW32:"Impressario.x32", #package: "http://signed.inm.com/verisign/impressario/4.1.0/impressario",